Re: Problems when building on woody (gcc-2.95 vs. gcc-3.0)

On Wednesday 31 March 2004 14:06, Chris Halls wrote:
> Did you need to make any more changes to the packages?

Well, I have built and I am using, amongst others, backports of X 4.3.0,
fontconfig and libfreetype. So I can't really make a statement regarding a
pure woody system, but besides the removal of the afore mentioned flags and
the addition of "usr/lib/openoffice/program/libdb_cxx-3.2.so" to
openoffice.org-bin.install, no changes were necessary to make it build and
run.

The only problem I've found so far is the bad quality of the font within the
help browser (see http://fs-pw.uni-muenchen.de/ooo-fonts.png), which was not
an issue with my backport of 1.1.0-3.

I haven't had time yet to thoroughly test it, though.

Regards,

  Severin