Re: truetype installation help

On Fri, 2004-02-27 at 19:24, Johannes Graumann wrote:
> Thanks for the hint! Can you believe it took me the WHOLE DAY to figure
> this out: 'dpkg-reconfigure fontconfig'?

Yes.  Debian is *big*, and obscure stuff that non-Developers
don't have a regular occasion to use aren't well documented.

> Joh
>
> On Fri, 27 Feb 2004 20:02:11 -0500
> "Nurnberg-LaZerte" <fwr@fwr.on.ca> wrote:
>
> > ** Reply to message from Johannes Graumann <graumann@caltech.edu> on
> > Fri, 27 Feb 2004 16:07:24 -0800
> >
> > >to get the fonts
> > >http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/arabeyes/ae_fonts1_ttf_1.0.tar.bz2
> > >and
> > >http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/arabeyes/kacst_fonts_1.5.tar.bz2
> > >installed
> >
> > Theoretically if the fonts are seen by fontconfig, OO should be able
> > to use them. But I've had problems with otf and type1 fonts, where
> > fontconfig registers them fine so Gnome and KDE and Mozilla see them
> > just fine, but OO can't.  But I've never had a problem with TT fonts.
> >
> > First see that your method of registering the fonts with fontconfig is
> > working. Use "fc-list | sort | less" to see if yours are available.
> > Try gedit or kedit or something else in your desktop to further
> > confirm that they are there.
> >
> > If they are not available via fontconfig, it's not an OO problem.
> > Either the fonts are unacceptable to fontconfig or your method of
> > registering them is not working.

Ron Johnson, Jr. ron.l.johnson@cox.net
Jefferson, LA USA

YODA: Code! Yes. A programmer's strength flows from code
maintainability. But beware of Perl. Terse syntax... more than
one way to do it...default variables. The dark side of code
maintainability are they. Easily they flow, quick to join you
when code you write. If once you start down the dark path,
forever will it dominate your destiny, consume you it will.