Re: Call for OOo user interface font size testers

On Fri, Nov 14, 2003 at 11:18:45AM +0100, Chris Halls wrote:
> I've uploaded 1.1.0-2.3pre1 packages of openoffice.org and
> openoffice.org-bin to the unstable section of our mirrors [1], and I'd
> be grateful if people who have had problems with the user interface font
> size in 1.1.0-1 and 1.1.0-2 could try them out before they go to
> unstable, and let us know the results.

Works for me... I immediately exported OOO_FORCE_DESKTOP=none, and ended up
with this itty, bitty interface because of my scale setting. :)

Set it back to 100%, and all is good.  Heck, if anything, fonts render
better than they did before (although there's been a fontconfig change
between then and now too).

More tonight.  In the meantime, thank you thank you thank you my eyes like
you. :)

> - Which desktop integration mode you use (and double check that OOo
> really did detect your desktop correctly by using OOO_FORCE_DESKTOP to
> confirm)?

As above.

> - Which DPI setting is your X server set to?   Is it the correct setting
> for your display size and resolution?  Is the Xft.dpi property set?

X is launched at 100 dpi, and Xft.dpi is not set.

> - Can you provide a screenshot, if OOo is wildly different from other
> programs on your desktop?

It's not. :)

--
 Marc Wilson |     BOFH excuse #418: Sysadmins busy fighting SPAM.
 msw@cox.net |