Re: Report from OpenOffice team at debcamp/conf

On Wed, Jul 23, 2003 at 06:42:18PM +0200, Jan Schulz wrote:
> -> If can_upgrade, then no OOHOME, which leads in a '/soffice' string,
> which should be started...

Thanks.  I found this yesterday too and fixed it.

> > I don't understand this.  I have only tested a 'new' user install so far;
> > there is a check for a language conflict which I have to remove before
> > upgrades are possible.
>
> I don't mind if I have to retype my settings; The problem will be that
> some ... persons will choose 'local instzallation' and so you will
> have a extra installation in $HOME (or wherever the user chooses).
> This question should be patched away :)

The scripts for upgrading from an older version are not yet ready, and I
said that in the original post, and that's what I meant by '..which I have
to remove before upgrades are possible'.  Please be patient.  The
autoresponse file format for upgrades is undocumented and I am trying to
understand the code.

> >> are installed on my system, but I think they won't be there on every
> >> other debian system. Maybe you can change this to some vera fonts.
> > (Good) patch gladly accepted.  We have limited time and this sort of thing
> > takes quite a while to do properly.  You could file a wishlist bug if you
> > don't want this to get forgotten.
>
> I read the release@ooo ML and I heard, that all Albany/Thorndale
> fonts should already be out and replaced by Vera... Don't have time to
> search the IZ...
>
> >> Funnyly, some were already (list, caption, index) changed.
> > How strange.

There are two aspects to the font selection, and I think you have them mixed
up a little:

1. The user interface font.  OOo searches from a predefined list of fonts,
and uses the first one that it finds as the user interface font.  Bitsream
Vera was recently added to that list, and Luxi Sans (AFAIR) was added for
locales that contain characters that Vera does not have.  That is what you
saw on releases@.

2. The default font in docuement templates.  This has not been changed.  My
'patch gladly accepted' was talking about this.

> >> Anyway: What a speed improvement! Great! Thanks for packaging it!
> > Cool.  Did you turn prelinking on?
>
> Yes (see my other post :) It's feeling almost three times faster
> startup times, even without using QS.

Hmm, time to turn it on here too :)

Thanks for your feedback,
Chris   <--- still trying to grok autoresponse upgrades