Re: removing tcsh from the build process

Le mer 23/07/2003 à 15:59, Chris Halls a écrit :
> On Wed, Jul 23, 2003 at 03:29:12PM +0200, Jérôme Warnier wrote:
> > Chris, did upstream reply to the question about the need of tcsh in the
> > build process?
>
> I asked on the IRC channel and Sander, who is a tcsh fan, just asked why we
> should want to replace it.  No other response.  If you want to pursue it,
> you could ask on dev@tools.openoffice.org
For me, it is pretty simple: because I have no other package needing it
on *any* of the Debian machines I currently run, and I don't see any
single reason to use it.

But well, off course, if there are good reason to keep it (like
portability on other platforms), let's keep it.

I would not replace it for "bash" or "ksh", but for a smaller,
"essential" one, like "ash", I think.

I'll drop a mail there.

--
Jérôme Warnier <jwarnier@beeznest.net>