Re: rebuilding openoffice.org

On Wed, Mar 19, 2003 at 10:17:15PM +0100, Jan Schulz wrote:
> * Wouter Hanegraaff <w.hanegraaff@nospam.openoffice.nl> wrote:
> > One question about versioning backport packages: My openoffice.org
> > packages now have version 1.0.2-2. Should I change the version number to
> > make it clear that this version was a backport to woody (with new
> > freetype)?
>
> That sounds like you intend to upload this to a server, where others
> can download it?

Eventually yes, but I still have to change the version numbers and I
have to find a location that can spare the bandwidth, both of which will
take some time.

Probably, I'll do a complete rebuild from a relatively clean woody
chroot, as my current woody+freetype backport was done on a system with
many other quick and dirty backports installed.

> I was thinking about rebuilding my OOo Version on my
> woody-gnome2.2-freetype6 system as well and would like to spare
> the time which is needed for the compilation...

It may take until next wednesday before I have a new set of packages
available.

> I haven't done any 'official' backports yet, but there were good
> instructions from Adrian Bunk: decrease the last number by one and
> add a string and your own version number:
>
> 1.0.2-2 -> 1.0.2-1.freetype.1

Ok, that sounds good to me.

Best regards,

Wouter