Bug report: GNOME menus

Hello all,

I'm using GNOME (2.2) on Woody but this bug report should be applicable to all versions.

It's been a certain time since I wondered why OOo still appears in the "Others" submenu. I decided to finaly take a look at it. For me, OOo should appear in the "Office" submenu.

I found that package "openoffice.org" contains some files in "/usr/share/gnome/apps/net", while they should definitely belong to "/usr/share/gnome/apps/Applications", at least for the "not utilites" ones (i.e. spadmin). I suggest to give them the name of the script used to launch them, instead of their current one (ex: use "/usr/share/gnome/apps/Applications/oowriter.desktop" instead of "/usr/share/gnome/apps/net/textdoc.desktop".

Moreover, if I take a look at the "textdoc.desktop" file I can see some major flaws in it (I may be wrong):
- "MimeType=xxxx xxxxx" should be separated by ";" and not spaces
- I don't understand or see any other lines "Version=xxx" in *any* other package - there should be a line "Categories=Application;Office;xxxxxxx" at the end, where "xxxxxxx" should be any of "WordProcessor", "Presentation", "Spreadsheet", ...

There is no need to "update-menus" afterwards, GNOME takes them immediately into account.

These should be a good start for a far better GNOME (1.4 or 2.x) integration.

Regards