can't reinstall OpenOffice

I am miffed. I am running Debian 3.0 on a pentium II mmx system. I had OO running fine, and one morning after returning to my office, after apt-getting gnucash upon leaving the office the night before, I came in to find an installation type screen (not for OO) with various questions on it, about various libxxxx files.

I tried to read and understand it but some was confusing to me.

I finished with that and then after it all finished up, I needed to compose a letter. When I went to a prompt and typed 'openoffice' nothing happened.

When I run apt-get install openoffice.org I get the following error message:

scott:/home/scott# apt-get install openoffice.org
Reading Package Lists... Done
Building Dependency Tree... Done
or been moved out of Incoming.

that package should be filed.

openoffice.org: Depends: openoffice.org-bin (> 1.0.1-pre1.0.2) but it is not going to be installed
E: Sorry, broken packages

The same result happens if I add '-bin' to the end. If I run apt-get -f install, the following is rendered:
scott:/home/scott# apt-get -f install
Reading Package Lists... Done
Building Dependency Tree... Done
0 packages upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 323  not upgraded.
scott:/home/scott# apt-get install openoffice.org Reading Package Lists... Done
Building Dependency Tree... Done
or been moved out of Incoming.

that package should be filed.

openoffice.org: Depends: openoffice.org-bin (> 1.0.1-pre1.0.2) but it is not going to be installed
E: Sorry, broken packages

I just want to get the trash off my system and get OO reinstalled so that I can use it.

Help,

Scott