Re: keeping it open

On Sat, 2002-08-17 at 15:46, Andy Saxena wrote:
> On Mon, Aug 05, 2002 at 04:36:56PM +0200, Jerome Warnier wrote:
> > My users seem to have a terrible problem (for them) with OOo.
> >
> > When they close the last open document in OOo, it closes also OOo, which
> > forces them to reload it a lot of times in one day.
> > As it takes a rather long time, they are bothered.
> >
> > Does anyone know how to keep it open, unless explicitely told so by
> > closing OOo itself?
>
> It is annoying that OO closes after the last document is closed. One
> could work around this by creating a new document before closing the
> last one.

Is MDI (and the lack of it in OOo) the cause of "last close termi-
nates OOo"?

I don't like "last close terminates OOo" either, and think that
"create new document after closing the last one to prevent termination"
is a good idea.  Should this be "bugged" upstream?  Surely, many
have complained of it...

| Ron Johnson, Jr.        Home: ron.l.johnson@cox.net            |
| Jefferson, LA  USA                                             |
| I can't make you have an abortion, but you can *make* me pay   |
| child support for 18 years?  However, if I want the child      |
| (and all the expenses that entails) for the *rest*of*my*life*, |
| and you don't want it for 9 months, tough luck???              |