Latest versions moved into 'testing' and status update

Since there have been no new problems reported for the 1.0.1-4 packages, I
have moved them into our 'testing' source.  There are still known problems
with the language packs, but these were present in the 1.0.0-6 packages too.
In particular, help is only available in English (with -en installed), and
several language packs have conflicting files.

I have made a set of i386 packages on a Woody system and will upload them
next time I have a high bandwidth connection.

We are currently working on producing packages compiled with gcc 3.2, which
is due to be released in the near future.  I have been given advice on
debian-gcc about a problem, thanks to Martin v. Loewis.

Thanks to Anthony Fok and Werner Lemberg for the dicussions about freetype -
hopefully we can start using Debian freetype again.

Finally, congratulations to Rene Engelhard for completing the new maintainer
process!