Re: Dictionaries: TODO

On Mon, Aug 05, 2002 at 07:33:24PM +0200, Jerome Warnier wrote:
> >What the issue with the OOO <-> Mozilla is, I would think about doing
> >packages installing the dictionaries into /usr/share/myspell (as Chris
> >proposed alreday).
>
> I would preferably use /usr/share/myspell/dict, just in case some day a
> "myspell" package appears and needs /usr/share/myspell.

Notice that ispell installs it's stuff under /usr/lib/ispell :

& dpkg -l ifrench-gut
/usr/lib/ispell/french.aff
/usr/lib/ispell/french.hash

And the virtual package wordlist uses /usr/share/dict :

$ dpkg -L wfrench
/usr/share/dict/french

(altough i don't really know what packages makes use of that word list).

Maybe you could put the myspell dictionaries into :

/usr/share/dict/myspell or something such ?

Friendly,

Sven Luther