Re: [porting-dev] ERROR: /usr/lib/libstlport_gcc.so.4.5: undefined sy mbol: sqrtl

Hi Kevin ..

On Fri, Jun 28, 2002 at 09:59:49AM -0400, Kevin B. Hendricks wrote:
>>From the looks of your libc6 maintainers response, it did not help much.
>All they need to do is respin glibc 2.2.5 with the latest branch checkout
>(all of these patches have been committed to the glibc branch I believe).

hey cool...
that will make the work easier, as it seems .. :)

>This is why I stick with tool chains from Franz Sirl who actively works on
>ppc tools (both GCC and glibc) and not tool chains from distribution
>maintainers with little to no interest in supporting ppc.

Debian is _the_ distribution with the most ports of Linux. For example,
Xfree was developped for running on I386. With Debian and the great Work
of the Xfree-Strike-Force-Team :) we have ports for XFree on several
arches. 13 I think. That is the tribute of the Debian-Distribution.

>If these problems were on x86, you would have had a new glibc-2.2.5 asap.

I can understand Ben Collins. We have a policy and we have supported
Compiler, that is gcc-2.95 :(
But we will switch over to gcc-3.x after woody is released.

The thing is, that we are working for a distribution. I do not want to
get OpenOffice.org running on my IBook. I want to get OpenOffice.org
running on much Computers, which have debian-system on it and where
people want to use the power of the package-management-system.
But, many when many people using OpenOffice.org, they find many errors,
which we have to fix, and sometime with the help from the
OpenOffice.org- Team .. :)

>Frustrating isn't it.
Yes.. in some distributions, like RedHat,SuSE, etc etc you are right. :(
I do not have any I386 Computers running at my home, thats why I have
Debian and not others. If I do not work foer Debian, I would use LFS :)

	Regards
		Jan

--
  .''`.    Jan-Hendrik Palic     |
 : :' : ** Debian GNU/ Linux **  |   ** OpenOffice.org **       ,.. ,..