Re: Japanese fonts

On Sat, Jun 15, 2002 at 09:56:02AM +0200, Arnaud Ligot wrote:
> Hi
>
> I think OpenOffice support very well truetype font. You could perhaps
> import it from windows or download it on Internet. But I think It's a
> problem if the japanese version come with no japanese fonts!

> > Japanese tarball just to get this font? I have the xfont-intl-japanese
> > and xfont-intl-japanese-big deb packages installed in my machine, but
> > it seems to me that this is not enough.

Sorry, I missed the first mail.  I think Ricardo meant he had fonts
installed, but they are not available.

Ricardo, have you tried using the spadmin tool to register fonts with your
OpenOffice installation?  I think you should be able to get it working with
that.

Otherwise, you may be able to get them working by adding the path to the
font search path in XFree86Config-4.  For example, to get the fonts from
msttcorefonts to work, I added this to Section "files":

        FontPath        "/usr/share/fonts/truetype/openoffice"