Re: Dictionnaries

Hello,

well, you forced my to investigate the dictionnaries issues before I planed ;)

The story is that you are right, for now, the dictionnaries have to be
installed in each users' dictionnary. That's quite stupid, I guess we agree.
The following of the story is that since a short time, a patch was
integrated in the upstream CVS. Let's call it "lingu patch", for reason I'll
explain later ;). It should be part of the upcoming 1.0.1 version.

If I understand well, the lingu patch completely change the way the
dictionnaries are handeled. They don't have to be installed in each dir
anymore and can be centralized. (for information, this patch is 216k big.
That's not really a trivial change).

Then, Gwenole (the OOo packager for Mandrake) did extract this patch from
the CVS and adapt it to the current version of OOo. Since we use the same
packaging approach, we should be able to use it with no change.

Once we have it, we should be able to change the wrapper to do what you
suggests (or what Gwenole does ;).

The rest of the story is that haggai will build a -5 package shortly, with
my version of the wrapper and this patch applied.
After that, I'll see how to update the wrapper so that it merges the
mandrake one and mine. I hope I'll be able to do that, so that both distro
will share that point also.
And after that, we'll see how to package the dictionnaries. It seems quite
easy once all this is done.

Thanks, Mt.

--
Tout le monde le sait : l'informatique faite par les informaticiens, c'est
comme la cuisine faite par les cuisiniers ou les maths faits par les