Re: Request for packager: OpenOffice.org Quickstarter

On Monday 10 Jun 2002 11:01, Chris Halls wrote:
> On Mon, May 27, 2002 at 07:10:20PM +0100, Paul Cupis wrote:
> > oooqs QuickStart mode is buggy. Upstream know it is buggy
> > (http://segfaultskde.berlios.de/oooqs/), and do not really recommend it's
> > use.
> >
> > Apparently the author will be making another release in a week or two -
> > this may or may not address the QuickStart issue.
>
> Any news on this?  I held off uploading to our mirrors because of this
> issue.

Not as yet. I mailed the author shortly after I announced the 0.9.5.1
package, to ask about the KDE2/3 issue, and he said he was going to make
another release in "a couple of weeks". I have been monitoring his web page,
but there is no news as yet.

As soon as he makes the next release, I will package it and announce it on
debian-openoffice. I don't know for certain if this release will address the
QuickStart problem, but upstream is well aware of it, hence the warning when
anyone turns it on.

Regards,

Paul Cupis