Re: KDE Menu

On Tue, Jun 04, 2002 at 01:37:48PM -0700, Paul Scott wrote:
> >>Well the two I have tried so far don't work.  The KDE menu editor shows:
> >>
> >>/usr/bin/openoffice private:factory/swriter
> >>for swriter.
>
> What should the above entry do

Start openoffice Writer.  See /usr/lib/openoffice/program/swriter if you
wondered where I got that from.

> The menu item above for swriter (or any of the others) doesn't work.
> Doing that at the CL gives:
>
> paul@joy:~$ /usr/bin/openoffice private:factory/swriter
> running openoffice setup...
> type WORKSTATION only possible on a netinstallation
> ExitCode: 15
> setup failed.. abort
> OpenOffice.org could not be started - /home/paul/.openoffice/soffice is
> not available
> You appear to already have an older verion. Please remove these entries
> >from /home/paul/.sversionrc and try again. You may also need to remove
> /home/paul/.openoffice
> if there is an incomplete installation there.
> Contents of .sversionrc:
> [Versions]
> OpenOffice.org 1.0=file:///home/paul/OpenOffice.org1.0

So I suggest you fix this.  If you don't care about the settings in your
older installation, the quickest way to do that is:

rm ~/.openoffice ; rm -r ~/OpenOffice.org1.0

> What menu is the spreadsheet in?  I found all the others.

Apps/Math/Openoffice.org Calc