Debian Menus

I have been looking at creating debian compliant menu settings for OOo
and have come up with a possible error with all the menu items.

currently they are all setup for running the commands from
/usr/lib/openoffice/programs where there are a selection of script files
for running OOo in its various forms.

This is done by appending an entry to the command in the form of

private:factory/swriter

where swriter can be replaced with any other app eg scalc or sgraph etc.

If I install OOo then run it for the first time from the menu then it
will cause an error ( or run the setup in interactive mode?) which is
what we are trying to avoid with the /usr/bin/openoffice script.

I can suggest a couple of solutions to this problem.

1. Change all the menu items so that they invoke /usr/bin/openoffice
with the private:factory/  addition tagged on the end. ( We may need to
change the Openoffice script so that after it has run the setup program
it then runs the soffice prog after so that the users does not have to
press twice!)

2. Change the files in /usr/lib/openoffice/programs so that they use the
/usr/bin/openoffice script

what does everybody think?

Once we have this sorted I will have a go at the Debian menus if nobody
else has started.

john

--
John Cooper                     |Phone 0114 223 3052
Your Senior IT Administrator    |Fax   0114 290 9192

Your Communications Ltd
Portland House
Moorfield
Sheffield
S3 8UG

Switchboard number : 0114 290 9090

individual to whom it is addressed. It may contain privileged and
confidential information. If you have received this message in error or
there are any problems, please notify the sender immediately and delete
the message from your computer. The unauthorised use, disclosure,
copying or alteration of this message is forbidden. Your Communications
Limited will not be liable for direct, special, indirect or
consequential damage as a result of any virus being passed on, or
arising from alteration of the contents of this message by a third
party.

Your Communications Limited (England and Wales No. 3842309) registered
office Dawson House, Great Sankey, Warrington, WA5 3LW

Disclaimer end.