Re: package name

On Tue, 30 Apr 2002 14:38:22 +0200
Chris Halls <chris.halls@gmx.de> wrote:

> On Mon, Apr 29, 2002 at 02:48:42PM -0400, Thomas Hood wrote:
> >    [...] It is desirable to keep dots out of package
> >    names because it is desirable to name configuration files
> >    after packages,
>
> I'm not sure that /etc/oo or /etc/ooo is obviously openoffice, even if
> people are aware of the abbreviation.

I'm just a simple debian user and i don't think that the oo and especially the ooo abbreviations are obvious. I think the package name should include office in it's name so "ordinary" people can recognize. Just the users point of view.

|  .''`.  | Filipe Maia                                          |
| : :'  : | email: fmaia@gmx.net                                 |
|   `-    | Debian GNU/Linux: <http://www.debian.org>            |