locale C not supported

Hi,
just installed your package and tried to run it, but it tells me, that
my X doesnt dupport the C locale. I am not very experienced with this
kinda stuff, I just managed to set up Debian, so that I can use my
german keyboard in KDE and Gnome without having to remember the UK
layout.
If you have any suggestions or ideas, I'd appreciate it a lot, as I
asked on #debian and got no help except the usual "read man locale" (I
hate those man-pages :P)
Thanks for taking the time to package oo and of course reading this mail
David