Re: [dev] Re: Some Issues regarding Debian versus OOo versions and Support?

On Tue, Apr 23, 2002 at 12:47:01PM +0200, Bernhard R. Link wrote:
> Just a little side-note: I do not think that any auto-builder should be
> bothered with OOo. We should make sure, that none of the autobuilder
> starts building OOo. It only takes away an enourrmous amount of
> resources of others things. And getting OOo compiled has still too
> many side-effects, as could be put in some singe build-depends and
> build-conflicts.

Hmm, how can we prevent this?  Jan already limited the architectures to i386
and ppc, so I guess we can stop it by always uploading i386 and ppc versions
together.  Is there any better way?

> I think BTS should be utilized. Perhaps causing debian-openoffice to
> get the Mails from the bts. (It can't get more traffic than cvs)

I already asked the Debian developers about this on IRC, and was told it is
not possible until we upload a package.

So we are considering uploading an empty package to experimental that
contains just a README and a pointer to the unofficial archive in the
description.

I'd be grateful for comments from Debian developers about these two issues.

Thanks,