Re: New openoffice.org 641 .deb for i386

On Friday, 2002-04-19 at 09:05:54 AM (+0200), Chris Halls wrote:
> Well, it's the lib used by openoffice.org.  The code is not easily modified,
> and I doubt that it would be easy to remove stlport completely, but I'm
> happy to be proved wrong by someone :)  I don't see removing stlport code as
> a good way for us to spend time at the moment; a change to the .so name of
> the stlport when compiled against gcc3 should be sufficient for now.

You could use a shell wrapper around gcc that defines
_STLP_NO_OWN_IOSTREAMS by default, put that script in oo's debian/
directory and modify your build PATH to search gcc in debian/ first.
Erm, and the script should remove -lstlport from its command line.

Torsten

--
Torsten Werner                         Dresden University of Technology
mailto:twerner42@intercomm.de            telephone: +49 (351) 463 36711