Re: 641d build successfull.

On Tue, Apr 09, 2002 at 06:02:19PM +0300, Yaacov Akiba Slama wrote:
> > Am I right in guessing that you built OO using a custom built gcc
> 3.04 instead of the one in Debian?

That's good

> But when I compiled it, /usr/bin/gcc was a symlink to /usr/bin/gcc-3.04
> and /usr/bin/g++ to /usr/bin/g++-3.04

Did you do that manually?

I've patched the build files so that they cause gcc-3.0 and g++3.0 directly
but I may have missed something somewhere still.

> > Yaacov, what bison version did you use, BTW?
>
> ii  bison          1.35-3         A parser generator that is compatible

Ah, that's good!  I hadn't tested that version yet.

> > So, what about the other two problems?
> The order of appearance of the problems are :
> 1) CLK_TCK in ttime.cxx
> 2) XSetIMValue in Xlib.h
> 3) The class keyword (missing in 3 places) in thints.cxx
> So you'll come to 2) [already] and 3)

Roll on number 3 then - I have a patch (thank you!) at the ready :)

> But except these 3 (small) things everything is OK when building.

I'm not holding my breath yet - I got excited too many times already :)

But victory must be getting real close now I hope...

> My build used the stlport included in oo sources.

I had a go at doing it like that, too but I think something else was broken
at the time.  Anyway, the goal is to try and use existing build-dependencies
in Debian rather than building all the external stuff in the Openoffice.org
CVS that isn't really part of OOo.  But priority number 1 is: get the thing
into a .deb any way we can and then start making it nice :)