Re: Office Applications

on Thu, Apr 04, 2002, arief muLya (arief@bna.telkomsel.co.id) wrote:
> Dear all,
>

> Does anybody knows how to upgrade Abiword and Gnumeric?

   $ apt-get update
   $ apt-get install abiword gnumeric

If you're on 'stable', you're likely working with old versions of both
apps.   The versions in Woody and Sid are quite up-to-date, and are
largely compatible with other formats, including MS Word and MS Excel,
respectively.

You might also look at the KOffice suite as an alternative.

> I've tried abisource and gnome, but they don't got any debs I can use.
> And the requirements for their installation is somewhat higher then
> current specs of my Debian-Potato Packages.

This paragraph doesn't make sense.

Post the commands or procedures you're using to update, and the response
or errors you're getting back.

Peace.

--
Karsten M. Self <kmself@ix.netcom.com>           http://kmself.home.netcom.com/