Re: your comments about open office

On Tue, Mar 12, 2002 at 06:34:25AM -0800, D. wrote:
> On Thu, 2002-03-07 at 23:27, Mike Fedyk wrote:
> > I've found some packages for debian unstable at
> www.linux-office.net has
> > anyone else tried them?
> >
> > Are there any plans to get open office into
> unstable?  (I know there is
> > no chance to get it into woody...)
> >

> Mike,
>   I noticed your comments to the open office thread
> and was wondering if you installed open office from
> the link of linux-office.org.  If you did how did you
> get around the depend of libstlport, when Woody uses
> libstlport4.0?  I get the error unable to find
> libstlport.
> Thanks for your help in this.
> Don

cd /usr/lib/ && sudo ln -sf libstlport_gcc.so.4.0 libstlport_gcc.so

That fixed that problem.

You might get a complaint about libXrenderer, and that requires a similar
fix and rerun ldconfig.

Now, how do I fix this:

$ ooffice
version already installed
ExitCode: 17
/usr/bin/ooffice: /home/mfedyk/.openoffice/soffice: No such file or directory

Mike