Re: Salsa merge requests

* Mike Miller <mtmiller@debian.org> [2018-02-15 14:41]:

I just noticed we have our first merge request on salsa. I didn't see any notification, did anyone else? I just changed my own notification setting for the group from "Global" to "Watch" in case that will help, and not be too annoying.

I have not received the notifications neither, because my notification level was set to "Participate". Thanks for this announcement. I have changed my settings accordingly.

I hope most patches still come in via BTS, but as long as notifications work I guess this is a useful way for people to offer changes.

I would prefer to have merge requests associated with the BTS. Perhaps, someone will implement an integration between both services in the future. I have recently created a merge request on Salsa:

https://salsa.debian.org/science-team/nlopt/merge_requests/1

that I "manually linked" with a bug report:

I can't comment on the content or purpose of the MR, […]

Indeed, there is a entry for GNU Octave at the SciCrunch catalog: https://scicrunch.org/browse/resources/SCR_014398

I do not know whether there are Debian tools that link to that page.

[…] other than the commit message should be rewritten […]

I am just curious: can one change the commit message when merging a merge request?

[…] and it needs a trailing newline.

Besides, it conflicts with your recent commit ac04c2b.