Re: [Pkg-octave-devel] Comments regarding octave_3.6.1-1_amd64.changes

* Thomas Weber <tweber@debian.org> [2012-02-26 22:16]:

> On Sun, Feb 26, 2012 at 01:25:29PM +0000, Luca Falavigna wrote:
> > Hi!
> >
> > I noticed this upload is targeted to unstable, is it intentional?
> > I can't find a reference in the changelog stating that.
>
> Yes. Should there be a such a notice?

Yes, normally we add a mention in the the changelog when a package goes
from experimental into unstable, but this is not obligatory.

> > Anyway, does this upload trigger a transition from octave3.2, or they can live
> > together for a while?
> They can and will live together for a while.

It depends on what you mean by "live together".  The new octave package
now in unstable conflicts with octave3.2.  As far as I understand the
situation, the transition has indeed been triggered by this upload.
However, as Thomas mentioned, it will not reach testing until the
octave-packages have also transitioned.