Re: [Pkg-octave-devel] Proposal: nuke most of the Octave packaging

Hi,

I've pushed my current state to
http://anonscm.debian.org/gitweb/?p=users/tweber/octave.git
Please do not read too much into the specific patches; I started without
a VCS and just broke the current state into different commits.

In the end, once we have a working state, we need to copy that onto the
existing Octave repository.

On Sat, Sep 17, 2011 at 01:47:10AM -0500, Jordi Gutiérrez Hermoso wrote:
> I find it easier to nuke most of the Debian packaging, start with a
> simple one-liner debian/rules, and add stuff to it as seems necessary
> (e.g. the MIPS bug #570771).

That bug is not relevant anymore, the MIPS build contains debug symbols
for some time again.

> Thomas, since you said you were working on this and you've done most
> of the recent DOG packaging, let me ask you again if you have anything
> done here, and if you think nuking most of the current packaging is a
> bad idea.

No, in fact I started from scratch myself.

	Thomas