Re: [Pkg-octave-devel] [RFU] octave3.0 3.0.2-3 and octave-pkg-dev 0.6.1 [was: Re: octave-pkg-dev_0.6.0_amd64.changes REJECTED]

* Rafael Laboissiere <rafael@debian.org> [2008-09-11 00:15]:

> I did the necessary changes in SVN (as in r2415).  If there are no
> objections, I will upload the octave3.0 and octave-pkg-dev packages to
> experimental.

Dans les versions d'octave3.0 et octave-pkg-dev currently in SVN, the
rebuild of the pkg database is executed by the trigger added to octave3.0,
instead of being done by the postinst and prerm scripts of each individual
package. This trigger works correctly at installation and removal of the
packages, even though it seems to work like a "postrm" script at package
removal.

In sum, it seems that the following is not an issue now:

octave-pkg-dev (0.5.8) unstable; urgency=low
  [...]
  * octave-pkg-helper.in, debian/install: Call "pkg rebuild" in the postrm
    script instead of prerm, otherwise Octave thinks the package is always
    there even if purged (bug spotted by Thomas Weber)
  [...]
 -- Thomas Weber <thomas.weber.mail@gmail.com>  Sat, 23 Aug 2008 11:13:27 +0200

I am not completely sure everything works well.  I will soon upload the
packages to experimental and it would be great if you can test them.