Re: [Pkg-octave-devel] The "no octave-forge package" discussion

On Thu, Nov 08, 2007 at 07:47:22PM +0100, Thomas Weber wrote:
> Am Donnerstag, den 08.11.2007, 11:34 -0600 schrieb Jordi Gutiérrez
> Hermoso:
> > Uh, I'm having a hard time understanding what's going on with the
> > 'forge packages and why it was decided to not make a Debian package
> > out of them. Could I get a quick summary or a link to one, please?
>
> The answers to your questions are simply: 'nothing' and 'time' (although
> the second one is a bit misleading).

The time limit implies that you have a strategy to package this or what?
Or is the time limit because you dont't have time to find a strategy?

If you have a strategy I would be more then happy to help implement
it, unfortunately I have little idea how the debian package environment
works and dont't have the expertise to make up a debian package for
myself but would be more then willing to learn if you were willing to
guide me through the process.

Regards

Oli