Re: On the coq ecosystem in Debian

Hello,

On Tue, Mar 29, 2022 at 09:52:16AM +0200, julien.puydt@gmail.com wrote:
> Le lundi 28 mars 2022 à 08:14 +0200, Stéphane Glondu a écrit :

> > > Question: shouldn't I split the current libcoq-elpi in a libcoq-
> > > elpi
> > > for the purely coq part and a libcoq-elpi-ocaml packages for the
> > > .cma/.cmxs pair?
> >
> > This is what I would have done in the initial packaging. I wouldn't
> > do it now, but for bad reasons (delays in NEW processing).
> >

> I will still do it: NEW processing is a one-time cost.

You can use the experimental suite for that: just upload splitted
packages to experimental and continue maintaining on the sid branch,
and when the experimental packages have been accepted by ftpmaster
you can carry the split over to sid. I think you have to be careful
with version numbers, though.

-Ralf.