Re: Transitioning to 4.04 or 4.05

On 13/07/2017 23:29, Hendrik Tews wrote:
>> Failing packages: camlidl camljava camlp5 camlpdf [...]
>>
>> These failures should be investigated and fixed prior to the transition
>> (if possible). Many of them are simply a missing ocamlbuild in bdeps.
>
> Before I do something wrong: When I want to look into one of
> those failures, I should use
>
>     deb [trusted=yes] http://ocaml.debian.net/debian/ocaml-4.05.0%2Brc1/pool/ /

The repository is signed with my key; you should apt-key add it and
remove [trusted=yes] (an unsigned repository over http looks bad...)

>     deb http://ftp.de.debian.org/debian/ sid main non-free contrib
>     deb-src http://ftp.de.debian.org/debian/ sid main non-free contrib
>     deb-src http://ftp.de.debian.org/debian/ experimental main non-free contrib

This experimental line should not be needed.

> as sources.list for building, right?

Except for my comments, yes. And of course, do that in a chroot or an
otherwise isolated environment.

> Further, if the fix is just a new upstream version, I prepare an
> upload for unstable, if there is an OCaml 4.05 specific patch
> required, I prepare for experimental. Right?

Right.

BTW, I've added a "Provides: ocamlbuild" in ocaml-nox 4.02.3-10 (it will
not be there in > 4.05 of course) so that failures due to a missing
ocamlbuild can be fixed in unstable now.

Thanks for your help.

Stéphane