Re: mathcomp/ssreflect packaging (Was: Uploads needed)

On Mon, Sep 26, 2016 at 05:38:02PM +0200, Enrico Tassi wrote:
> On Sun, Sep 25, 2016 at 10:38:50PM +0200, Ralf Treinen wrote:
> > you are right, we should come to a conclusion. What I had in mind is
> > in fact quite simple. I'll push to the git tomorrow for review.
>
> I've a package ready for upload, just pushed to the ssreflect repo.
> I've just tested it, and binary-only build works fine.
>
> I think the best way to get something working in the archive is to
> upload this one and RM:mathcomp.

I have no particular interest in this, I had just offered to sponsor
Nicolas for uploading this package. Besides the question of compile
time for binary-arch which was a problem, I have no technical opinion
about how this package should evolve. You and Stephane know the package
probably best, so please go ahead. I just find it sad that the work
done by Nicolas is thrown away, his intentions and the advancement
of his efforts have been announced and discussed on this mailing list,
and I don't understand how we arrived at this lack of coordination.

-Ralf.