Re: pycaml

Le 05/03/2015 16:47, Sébastien Hinderer a écrit :
> Does anybody here know about pycaml's maintainance status, please?
> Being involved in a project that depends on it, I'd be happy to
> participate to its maintainance but am not sure how to do since it's not
> clear to me who maintains the project currently, if there is someone
> maintaining it at all.
>
> More generally speaking, is there interest in bridging OCaml and Python?
> Are other solutions (perhaps more maintained) than pycaml arond?

As far as Debian is concerned, the upstream is [1] and I would say it is
dead. No upstream release since 2005. However, we continue to maintain
it in Debian, and doing so we wrote a few patches [2]. As far as I know,
pycaml works. It is used by coccinelle.

If you are aware of a better upstream (be it you or otherwise), please
tell us so we can update the Debian package. Possible improvements
include Python 3 support. The only requirement Debian-wise is to keep it
compatible with coccinelle (or to adapt coccinelle).

If you want to maintain the Debian package, you are welcome as well, but
keep in mind that upstream development should not be done in Debian
packaging.

[1] http://pycaml.sourceforge.net/
[2]
http://anonscm.debian.org/cgit/pkg-ocaml-maint/packages/pycaml.git/tree/debian/patches