Re: oasis 0.3.0, tonight (GMT)

Hello,

On 28-06-2012, Mehdi Dogguy <mehdi@dogguy.org> wrote:
> On 28/06/12 13:23, Sylvain Le Gall wrote:
>>
>> Does anybody have reasons to veto a new upstream so close to the
>> freeze?
>>

> I do wonder if doing this race is really a serious thing to do…
>
> Sid's oasis doesn't look broken and has been tested/used by our users.
> Putting a new upstream release in sid so close to the freeze doesn't
> sound a great idea to me, IMHO. To serve stable users interests, you may
> upload oasis 3.0 in sid once Wheezy released and then upload it in
> backports so that stable users can install it. For now, putting oasis
> 3.0 in experimental seems to be our best option. IMHO, being a leaf
> package doesn't justify an upload to sid.

oasis 0.2 is quite old and has one important bug that will prevent any
setup.ml generated with it to compile with OCaml 4.00. Although, I won't
argue on the short notice. If you feel more comfortable with an old
version of oasis, it is ok for me. I just think it will be "almost"
useless for any dev done with Wheezy, targetting OCaml 3.12 and 4.00.

So here 2 options:
1. upload 0.3 to experimental and patch the OCaml 4.00 bug in oasis 0.2
2. take the risk of oasis 0.3 in sid (mitigated, it is not like we have
   thousands of critical users or possible security bugs or rev-deps).

I'll propose you a package tonight and you'll just have to pick the best
option for you.

Cheers,
Sylvain Le Gall
--