Re: [Caml-list] [ANNOUNCE] otags reloaded 3.12.1 for OCaml 3.12.1

Le 18/01/2012 14:51, Hendrik Tews a écrit :
> This is the old version, which I took over from Monin and
> Alvarado and which was based on old Camlp4 of 3.09. I purposely
> inserted special guards in that version to ensure that it would
> only compile with OCaml 3.09. But some Debian folks removed these
> guards... ;-)

It has been adapted to camlp5 and works. Indeed, in Debian, we don't
wait for upstreams to update things (but I try myself to contact
upstreams when changes are needed upstream) :-)

> But maybe it would be simpler if I join your group and reuse your
> infrastructure for building ocaml packages? Of course, I don't
> know, if there is any infrastructure that would simplify
> packaging something simple such as otags.

You can get direct commit access to the git repositories of the team
(that includes the otags package), then update the package in git
yourself (and add yourself to the Uploaders in debian/control). Have a
look at [1] first.

[1] http://wiki.debian.org/Teams/OCamlTaskForce

When the package is ready, you can ask for sponsorship here, and your
package will be built directly from git (no need to upload it to
mentors.debian.net, but you are still free to do it if you wish).

Stéphane