Re: [Caml-list] [ANNOUNCE] otags reloaded 3.12.1 for OCaml 3.12.1

   There is an otags package in Debian, but it dates back to 3.09.3.3
   (2008, it seems).

This is the old version, which I took over from Monin and
Alvarado and which was based on old Camlp4 of 3.09. I purposely
inserted special guards in that version to ensure that it would
only compile with OCaml 3.09. But some Debian folks removed these
guards... ;-)

I am distributing now a complete rewrite, which is based on the
new camlp4.

   Would you be interested in updating/maintaining it?

I was about to contact debian-ocaml-maint. I wanted to ask, what
would be the best way (from your point of view) to update the
otags package in Debian.

I can simply package it on my own and upload to debian.sponsors.

But maybe it would be simpler if I join your group and reuse your
infrastructure for building ocaml packages? Of course, I don't
know, if there is any infrastructure that would simplify
packaging something simple such as otags.

Bye,

Hendrik