Re: ocamlnet3?

Le 03/03/2011 05:37, Eric Cooper a écrit :
> What's the status of packaging ocamlnet3?  If someone has already
> started, please let me know if there's anything I can do to help.

I am not aware of that. It was on my TODO-list, but after OCaml 3.12.0,
Lwt 2.2.1, Ocsigen 1.3.4 (which are basically ready), then Coq 8.3pl1
(already in experimental, but some rdeps are still broken). Ocamlnet 3
(and/or Ocsigen 2 if released) were next. Have a look at the bottom of [1].

For information, in general, the OCaml team is mostly
infrastructure-bound: we cannot go faster. I don't expect the Ocaml
3.12.0 to start before March 10th (the end of the 10-day delay of the
last uploaded package for the current transitition, i.e. liquidsoap). A
transition must take at least 10 days after the last uploaded package,
and there is no upper bound and plenty of random reasons to delay
(buildds, new RC bugs, entanglement with other transitions, etc.).

Of course, it would be handy to have ocamlnet3 ready. What you could do
is: update the package in git, then check how disruptive it is w.r.t.
rdeps, and fix them (I'd rather avoid creating a new package if
possible). And of course, test it! You can upload it to experimental,
but unfortunately, experimental is of limited usefulness because of
expected breakages in unstable. I can also upload it to my repository [2].

[1] http://wiki.debian.org/Teams/OCamlTaskForce/OCamlTransitions
[2] http://ocaml.debian.net/debian/ocaml-3.12.0/

Stéphane