Re: overhaul of the debian ocaml policy

Hello,

I don't want to start yet another flameware, please take this answer
with a grain of salt. But I could not refrain myself. ;-)

2010/8/23 Ralf Treinen <treinen@free.fr>:
> PS: I just looked up the bug report, which reveals what distro the bug
> reporter is using.

Ubuntu.

>  He rather should complain to his distro when they
> are just copying our stuff and then, on top of it, get it wrong (as I
> deduce from the fact that he could not rebuild his package).

There are no OCaml developers in Ubuntu. The bug report would come
back to Debian. And Ubuntu people are hardly ever patching Debian
OCaml packages (https://bentobako.org/ubuntu-ocaml-status/raw/ubuntu-patches.html).

<rant>Maybe some Debian developers should understand that a
significant part of Debian OCaml work users are on Ubuntu. Rather than
a competitor, Ubuntu offers a wider exposition to Debian Developers
work.</rant>

Sincerely yours,
david