Re: overhaul of the debian ocaml policy

On Mon, Aug 23, 2010 at 09:33:12AM +0000, Sylvain Le Gall wrote:
> On 23-08-2010, Ralf Treinen <treinen@free.fr> wrote:
> > On Mon, Aug 23, 2010 at 08:56:33AM +0000, Sylvain Le Gall wrote:
> >
> >> At the beginning, I was adding wrapper scripts to mldonkey
> >> (create/delete users, set password) and I had been criticized for this
> >> because I was adding too advanced features...
> >
> > Criticized by whom? Did you give in?
> >

> My preferred one:
>
> <the best piece>
>  * Why all of the Debian-specific utilities in debian/utils?  This is
>   just vanity.  Please, ship the upstream software, not your own.
> </the best piece>

Wow, that is really a good one. In that case one should probably tell the
user to just use <insert-your-most-hated-linux-distro>. I have heard people
say many bad things about debian, but vanity is new.

Really, *** like that should just be ignored when it comes from an
uninformed user (as opposed to well-funded criticism coming from a user,
which should be taken serious).

PS: I just looked up the bug report, which reveals what distro the bug
reporter is using. He rather should complain to his distro when they
are just copying our stuff and then, on top of it, get it wrong (as I
deduce from the fact that he could not rebuild his package).

-Ralf.