Re: overhaul of the debian ocaml policy

On 08/23/2010 10:44 AM, Ralf Treinen wrote:

> The problem is that these strings should be removed once upstream
> incorporates the META file, which should be the ultimate goal. A
> string like "origin" is easily mistaken for "original author", and
> the risk is that people will leave them in in order to give credits.
>
> For that reason, I'll rather propose something like
> "meta-not-yet-upstream". This way it is clear when it has to be
> removed.

What's the advantage of having a field? When I proposed the idea, I was
more thinking about the snippet below than adding a new field to the
META (which may confuse users):

META:
# This META file is delivered by Debian for your convenience.
version = "1.1"
description = "Generic Foo Library"
requires=""
archive(byte) = "foo.cma"
archive(native) = "foo.cmxa"

There is really no need to add a non-standard field to META, imho.

Regards,

--
Mehdi Dogguy مهدي الدڤي
http://dogguy.org/