Re: overhaul of the debian ocaml policy

Le samedi 21 août 2010 12:53:22, Sylvain Le Gall a écrit :
> On 15-08-2010, Sylvain Le Gall <gildor@debian.org> wrote:
> > On 15-08-2010, Ralf Treinen <treinen@free.fr> wrote:
> >> My modifications in the policy mostly concern the chapter generalities
> >> where I have refactored some stuff, to some extend the chapter on prog
> >> packaging, and to an even lesser extend the chapter on libary packaging.
> >> Please have a look and comment on the list, or modify directly in git
> >> for small modifications.
> >
> > I would like to discuss the section about META files in
> > chapter-libpack.xml
> >
> > We had a discussion with Mehdi about the right location of the META, we
> > (pkg-ocaml-maint) write in place of the upstream.
> >
> > I tend to think that putting them into METAS/ is a good way to show that
> > this META is not one from upstream (i.e. distro specific).
>
> OK, as I am the only one to support this POV, it seems this is not a
> good thing.
>
> Ralf, can you add a note about the "META" explaining that if we create a
> META on Debian side, we should store it into the library directory?

IMO the idea of putting a comment to the added METAs is good
so then someone who care about writing a Makefile that will work
on a pristine install can do it

Also maybe we could use the same comment in several distro
so that users can use the same grep command without needing to care
which distro they use.

--
Regards
Florent