Re: overhaul of the debian ocaml policy

On Sun, Aug 15, 2010 at 10:00:02PM +0000, Sylvain Le Gall wrote:
> I tend to think that putting them into METAS/ is a good way to show
> that this META is not one from upstream (i.e. distro specific).

AFAIR, nothing prevents legitimate upstreams to store their own META
files under system-wide METAS/. Findlib defaults *look* both there and
on per-library directories (although findlib by default *install* under
per-library directories).

+1 for not piggybacking any special meaning to where META files are
installed.

If you really want to do that, the proper way is adding a *new*
distro-specific dir where to store Debian-originated METAs. But also in
that respect, we are supposed to try integrating our changes upstream
and ideally Debian-originated META should be pushed upstream, including
when upstream is INRIA (I presume they will be even happy about that,
now that findlib has been blessed with specific support in some legacy
utils).

Just my debian-ocaml-maint-nostalgic 0.02€,

ti resta John Fante -- V. Caposella .......| ..: |.......... -- C. Adams