Re: overhaul of the debian ocaml policy

On 15-08-2010, Ralf Treinen <treinen@free.fr> wrote:

> My modifications in the policy mostly concern the chapter generalities
> where I have refactored some stuff, to some extend the chapter on prog
> packaging, and to an even lesser extend the chapter on libary packaging.
> Please have a look and comment on the list, or modify directly in git
> for small modifications.

I would like to discuss the section about META files in
chapter-libpack.xml

We had a discussion with Mehdi about the right location of the META, we
(pkg-ocaml-maint) write in place of the upstream.

I tend to think that putting them into METAS/ is a good way to show that
this META is not one from upstream (i.e. distro specific).

See our discussion here:

I will be away any internet connection starting tomorrow, but I will
discuss this topic as soon as I am back (next friday).

Regards,
Sylvain Le Gall