Re: debian ocaml packaging policy

On  0, Ralf Treinen <Ralf.Treinen@pps.jussieu.fr> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> our policy needs some cleanup. In particular
> - update ocaml version, location of system libs
> - the discussion bytecode/native should be refactored. Currently that
>   stuff is distributed all over the place.
> - language correction is needed.

Sylvain started to "rewrite" the policy but I don't know the status of
his work and he didn't feel ready to publish anything, at least last time
I asked. You might want to have a look at his not-ready-to-be-published-nor-to-be-committed-in-git
version :)

There was also a discussion to split our policy into two documents:
- a proper policy
- and reference manual.
(iirc, please correct me if I'm wrong)
But, making this happen would take more than a week, I guess.

> I am willing to work on the policy and do the needed the modifications,
> but probably only next week when I am back in Paris. However it needs
> to be proofread before being uploaded. Any volunteers (for the end of
> the next week) ?
>
> Mehdi: would that be sufficient to get a new version of dh-ocaml into
> squeeze before the freeze?

This upload would include only documentation changes and I think it's
important to have them updated, but needs volunteers. So, thank you for
volunteering for this task and please go ahead if you want to work on it
and it will be in Squeeze.

Mehdi Dogguy