dh-ocaml-like checksum-based dependency adoption for Haskell?

Dear Haskell-ers,
  on the OCaml half of Debian, we are kind of aware that you've
implemented a solution similar to ours [1] for enforcing sound
dependencies among OCaml libraries and programs.

That is just great, and we're happy that the solution/architecture we
developed has been helpful to you too, even if only as an inspiration.

However, most of us are a bit puzzled about our poor knowledge of your
solution. I don't remember any contact on the debian-ocaml-maint@l.d.o
list, and it has only been rumored :-) on our side that some of you
contacted us via our IRC channel, but nothing more.

Do you have any pointers to some document/tool/... that describes what
you did and maybe the relationship with what we did?

We are just eager to know more about that, as we're excited at the idea
that our architecture was more general than we initially expected :)

TIA,
Cheers.

[1] http://upsilon.cc/~zack/research/publications/jfla10-dh-ocaml.pdf