Re: problems compiling advi into bytecode without -custom

Ralf Treinen a écrit :
> I am just working on updating the advi package to the new upstream version
> 1.8 and encountered a problem with compiling into bytecode. I tried to
> remove the "-custom" flag, but that makes compilation fail, with:
>
>   File "_none_", line 1, characters 0-1:
>   Error: Error while linking graphicsY11.cmo:
>   The external function `caml_gr_unset_cursor' is not available
>
> While it compiles fine when I leave he original -custom flag. Any ideas
> what is going on here? Missing compiler flags? A bug in the camlimages
> package? Something else?

caml_gr_unset_cursor (and others) is defined in src/grY11.c in advi. You
have to make a .so (e.g. dlladvi.so) out of the C stubs (src/*.c). This
can be done with ocamlmklib. You can then install it in the standard
location (/usr/lib/ocaml/stublibs currently) and the pure bytecode
executable should be able to run with plain ocamlrun.

Hope this helps,

--
Stéphane