Re: camllight en debian ?

On Mon, Nov 09, 2009 at 09:07:28AM +0100, Ralf Treinen wrote:
> what do you think of finally including camllight in debian? The licence
> is now the same as of OCaml. This might be useful since, AFAIK, many
> schools here in France are using camllight for teaching, instead of
> OCaml.

I agree that would be a good idea. Given that a pre-existing packaging
work exists though, it would better to ask the current packager if he
would like to maintain it more properly and officially in Debian; it
wouldn't be nice for him to find out a brand new packaging in Debian
which ignores completely his work (note: I say that without having
checked the packaging quality of those unofficial packages).