dom-switch-opt violates policy and is too dangerous (for users) anyhow

On Fri, Jul 17, 2009 at 01:59:58PM +0000, Sylvain Le Gall wrote:
> The following commit has been merged in the master branch:
> commit eb5a293a405af69c713e6c42e4c03107ec9b0816
> Author: Sylvain Le Gall <gildor@debian.org>
> Date:   Fri Jul 17 13:52:03 2009 +0000
>
>     Add dom-switch-opt to test byte compilation on native arch

I'm *seriously* worried about this addition.

Such an executable is apparently, a very bad violation of Debian
Policy, as it fiddles with executables which are under /usr/bin/ and
belong to another package (i.e. not dh-ocaml), executables which are
not even fiddled by using standard debian tools (i.e.,
dpkg-divert). Also, it is based on the implicit underlying assumption
that noone else is using that machine while the maintainer is doing is
test builds.

So, IMO, in no way it is acceptable to ship such a tool in a package
that random users can install and shoot in their feet running
dom-switch-opt that easily.

That said: yes, I've always had a similar executable on my machine to
do tests, but I never thought about shipping it in a package that end
users can install.

Please revert that.

If you really want to ship that, do so in /usr/share/, or under
examples/, but well far away from users $PATH.