Re: Transition to OCaml 3.11.1...

On 2009-06-12 22:06:20 +0200, David MENTRE wrote:
> On Fri, Jun 12, 2009 at 20:07, Sylvain Le Gall<gildor@debian.org> wrote:
> > I think we are too tigh regarding time. I prefer that Ubuntu ship a good
> > 3.11.0 release than to have to fight for months to get a 3.11.1.
>
> I need to think a bit more about this but looking at the amount of
> work I should do or things I should learn for doing this job[1], I
> would prefer not to do that in a hurry.
>
> Moreover, summer time is coming and I plan to take some holidays. ;-)
>
> So right now I'm also for keeping 3.11.0 in Karmic and doing 3.11.1 in Karmic+1.

What's the current plan for Ocaml in Karmic? Update to 3.11.1 or stay
with 3.11.0?

I've seen that ocaml 3.11.1 is already in unstable and that some ocaml
packages have a versioned build-dependency on it. I wanted to see if
camlimages can be synced to karmic (because of the CVE fix) and got
stopped by it. Should I try to apply the fix on camlimages in Karmic or
wait for the transition?

Michael