Re: Transition to OCaml 3.11.1... - and to /usr/lib/ocaml

Stefano Zacchiroli a écrit :
> Eya, sorry for the delay. No problem with the transition, I agree with
> the proposed plan.
>
> However, I'd like to propose an extra item to take care of during this
> transition. Namely: moving our standard library to /usr/lib/ocaml/.

I see no objection.

> Finally, doing the transition now will help in spotting packages that
> are not using the appropriate variable in debian/rules, but rather
> relying on hard-coded paths such as "/usr/lib/ocaml/@OCamlABI@/".

But these precautions won't be needed anymore once we do the switch,
will they?

Sylvain Le Gall a écrit :
> I think we are too tigh regarding time. I prefer that Ubuntu ship a good
> 3.11.0 release than to have to fight for months to get a 3.11.1.

Problem solved, it appears.

> Moreover, we can use 3.11.1 transition to stress test dh-ocaml after we
> have add some functionnalities (like automatic dependencies). This will
> made us wait until, at least, Debcamp.

This can be done independently. I'd rather not wait Debcamp to make this
transition (we might have other errands to run by then).

Stéphane